I don't understand how a woman can leave the house without fixing herself up a little - if only out of politeness. And then, you never know, maybe that's the day she has a date with destiny. And it's best to be as pretty as possible for destiny. -- Coco Chanel

Saturday 26 March 2011

summery spending spree

I don't what it is but I cant help but spend at the moment, I think it's the sun that is making me wanna shop! When it's raining I always have to lug around a umbrella and my fur coat and it just gets in the way when I'm trying to look at things.

There's so many nice things in the shops at the moment and it's all summery clothes and I feel like I want to update my wardrobe with some slightly more summery dresses.

I found a quirky shop that sells vintage and fancy dress clothing and I havent yet found any vintage clothes in there that I like, but I did buy a gorgeous vintage inspired 50's dress in there the other day. The dress is cut from a 50's inspired pattern and recreated in modern fabric.

I love the shape of it, I think it's really flattering.



I also bought some shoes that I felt were essential for the summer and where they're wedges they are really comfy to walk in too. I think they will look really nice with a long maxi dress.


Wedges, £24.99, New Look

They have some really nice things in New Look at the moment and with the New Look magazine they are giving out 20% off vouchers at the moment, which is even better. I got this cute stripey crop in there, I had to get it because I love the lace and pearl collar, it's so cute. I've combined it with a darker navy on the bottom, which is flattering for my pear shape and I think it makes me appear more hourglass.


Top, £16.99, New Look

Also, I have my bikini sorted for summer. It's the perfect bikini, it's red and it's polka dot! Here's a picture of my friend modelling the bikini for my styling portfolio...wish I looked like this in it, but I would have to cut out all the chocolate, pizza's and pesto pasta if that were to happen!




and lastly something I have been lusting after but don't know if i can justify spending £28 on it, what do you think?



x

5 comments:

  1. That's such a lovely dress, I do love vintage-inspired clothes :) I saw you asked about my dress from the other day, well it's not from New Look, I think it's Tesco? Not sure as I bought it off a blog sale! But I know Tesco have some nice pieces every now and then, as strange as it sounds!Personally I'm now coveting most of the dresses Matalan have in stock...

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. That top from New Look is lovely! I need it in my life :]

    Ayeisha
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dani, really I never thought to look in Tesco :)ah thats a shame I love that dress, but to be honest I dont really need any more polka dot dresses haha. ooh I may have to have a little look in Matalan when im next in town!:D

    Ayeisha, thanks:) I have just gone out and bought a black dress with the exact same collar on as that one, from New Look too!

    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely LOVE that dress in the first picture, the shape is just lovely and looks so nice on you, what a good find.
    That top from New Look is also really nice - haven't been in New Look in ages but I may have to pick that one up for myself, that lace collar is so pretty.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been looking at those New Look wedges for ages thinking if I should buy them or not! And the top is fab xo

    ReplyDelete