I don't understand how a woman can leave the house without fixing herself up a little - if only out of politeness. And then, you never know, maybe that's the day she has a date with destiny. And it's best to be as pretty as possible for destiny. -- Coco Chanel

Tuesday 1 March 2011

polka dot birthday dress from Zara


Dress, Zara, £40
Belt, Topshop
Shoes, New Look, £20
Flower, New Look, £3

I think I have a slight obsession with polka dots, so when I saw this black polka dot dress in Zara I almost jumped in delight!

Its not like all my other polka dot dresses, this one is an absolute statement polka dot dress and because its from Zara you know the quality and tailoring is going to be good.

Anyway, ignoring the £40 price tag I decided to try it on. After all I did need a birthday dress.

As soon as I zipped the dress up, I was in love with it. If fitted so well and emphasized my small waist and top half and disguised my pear shape body, making me appear hourglass with its 50's style skirt and soft pleating.

I simply had to have the dress. Customised with a skinny belt and some high court heels I felt ready for my birthday already!





I think I will accessorize with a single strand of pearls, to keep it looking classic and then a red flower in my hair to work with the red belt and shoes.


Oh and guess what... Zara is selling a skirt in matching fabric and pattern, which again is a lovely shape. I was very tempted!

what do you think of this dress? :)
xx

5 comments:

  1. Love the dress! I too have an obsession with polka dots :) and it really looks gorgeous on you! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. This dress is gorgeous! Love the fact that it has some pleating as well! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous, the cut is so classic and lovely, and the red accessories are a really nice touch!
    Great birthday outfit :)
    Beth @ Baking and Brogues
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. thankyou! I know, I love classic shapes :) x

    ReplyDelete